Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Finish!

I know, it's been a really long time since I've had a finish.  I think the last time I posted a finish-finish was last July!!!

So last week when I posted the Crocodile stitch tutorial, I mentioned that I had an "idea" for this stitch and here it is!


It's another sleep sack like I made last spring for baby Lily (who is now 8 months old, I can't even believe it).  Except this one is a fishy for sweet baby Elijah!

Fishy-fins

Inside the fishy mouth

You all know how I love to show the back of my work...

Obviously this is Crocodile stitch worked in a round.  I'll be working on a tutorial for this, because to me it's the only way this stitch truly makes sense.  I kind of like the 2 color effect on this.  What would you all prefer to learn first - a one-color or two-color tutorial?  Because you know I'll probably do both.  Let me know your preference in the comments!

Close-up of the 2-color colorway - it makes the "scales" stand out.

No comments: