Liebster is a German word, meaning "favorite, dearest or beloved," and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
So the 5 blogs that I chose are NOT newbies - I think most have been blogging at least as long as I have. But they are "dear" to me, and they have less than 200 followers. If you are not already subscribed to them, click the button on their blogs! They're fantastic!
Okay, now for the hard part for me: 5 random facts.
1. I have moved my home office space 3 times in the last 12-ish months.
2. I was not really a pet person until we got our mini Aussie, Annie. Now hubby calls her my "4-legged daughter."
3. My daughters were named after my late mother-in-law and her younger sister (not celebrities, as many people suggest). Their middle names come from my grandmothers.
4. I am almost always too warm - until I'm suddenly not.
5. I cannot grow tomatoes - I'm not even going to try this summer. I'll just raid my friends' gardens instead. ;)