Monday, January 31, 2011

Quaker Elation!!

I just thought I'd check in quickly with y'all.  No pictures, since my focus is still on a GhostStitchers piece.  I started it last Friday, and I'm already about 25%!  I have to say, this Quaker is everything I hoped it would be.  I hope you've all had an experience where you waited and waited to stitch something, and it exceeded your expectations - as far as stitching satisfaction goes.  For me, it wasn't necessarily this specific pattern (I put the "Y" in this morning) - I've seen Quakers on other blogs and drooled over them, but this is the first time I've stitched a large sampler like this.  It's totally keeping my attention, and I'm loving the colors, and the feel of the fibers, and even the sound of the thread moving through the fabric.  Do you know what I mean?

And just a quick note - this piece I'm working on was a UFO.  If you've lost interest in a piece, or want to whittle down your UFO pile, please consider using the GhostStitchers service.  You never know, I might get to work on your piece for you!

No comments: