Saturday, January 22, 2011

My 2 Weeks in Stitches

Whew, what a whirlwind!  As of last Saturday, I really hadn't made a ton of stitching progress.  I'd started a new sock, then ripped it out and re-started.  Then I suddenly had a burst of stitching energy on Sunday, and, as you'll see from my sidebar, I crossed 3 items off my January goal list this week alone!!!  I didn't get a picture of Fairy Sisters after I passed the row 60 mark - oops.  It looks the same as it did 2 weeks ago, just a little bit farther down.

3 squares for my 15-sided biscornu - you can see, I'm playing with the positive/negative idea.  It looks really good so far.





My striped socks - I bought this yarn on sale at JoAnn a few months ago, and had to wait until I'd finished some obligatory crochet before I worked on them.  Yarn - Premier Yarns, Deborah Norville collection Sock Weight in Teal Tease.  It took about 1.5 balls to make a pair.  It's almost all half-double crochet, with a single crochet short-row heel.  I found the directions on a forum, and promptly lost the address, but it was one of those "figure it out as you go" kind of patterns.

So other craziness from the last 2 weeks - my elder daughter was baptized on Sunday at age 8.  We're so proud of her for making this choice.  I also have had a little minor health scare - well, not really a scare, more of a worry.  I think it's resolved itself, but I go to the doctor on Thursday anyway, just to be sure.

I was also contacted by GhostStitchers again this week, asking if I was ready for another project.  With 3 goals crossed off my January list, I felt really good about saying yes.  So I will be working on finishing someone else's UFO, Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor.  I've been wanting to do a Quaker sampler for a long time, and as I told hubby, this way I get the fun of stitching it without the worry of what to do when it's finished!  There will not be photo updates of this, as it belongs to someone else.

No comments: