Friday, August 20, 2010

So what's up with all of you?

I've been busier lately than normal.  Since hubby finished his academy and received his posting, I've been looking for part-time work.  It's been frustrating, since most jobs won't pay enough to even pay for child care (which is pointless anyway, to just be working to pay for child care), and hubby's schedule was all over the place.  It's a little more normal now, and the girls have started school.  I was fortunate to get some from-home contract work for a friend's company, and I think I kind of like the working-from-home-for-someone-else thing.  But it means that I haven't had the time to do any stitching or sewing.  Remember when I used to get like 6 hours a day of stitching in?  Yeah, I probably won't see that again for a while.  I'm setting little goals for myself every time I sit down to stitch, so that I feel like I've accomplished something...even if it's only one row.

Something else going on with me - I finally joined Twitter.  LOL, the giveaway I posted about earlier this week pushed me over the edge, and I've been fully and truly sucked into it.  As soon as I figure out how, I'll add a "follow me" gadget to one of the sidebars so y'all can find me!  The 140 characters or less is kind of tough for me - if you've read my blog at all you know that I like to use a lot of descriptive words!

So, things have been quiet in blog-land - what have you all been up to?

2 comments:

Gingham Red said...

Sounds like you are very busy. I can also relate to not having enough time to stitch because I am working full time too. Good luck !

Shelleen said...

I went back to work 3 years ago, just part time, but know what you mean about stitching time being dwindled down.