Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An exchange found it's way to Egypt!

I heard from Karina (via Nita - thank you) that 1) she's received the scissor pocket I sent and 2) she's having computer problems. The computer thing seems to be going around - I think I'll feed mine some extra Vitamin C when I'm done here. If I get done here - is anyone else having trouble posting? FYI - this sat for an hour waiting to "contact Blogger".

So here are some pictures of the pocket I sent her - the design is my own blackwork, inspired by the background fabric. Even thought the portion that really inspired it - longish heart-shaped leaves - isn't showing.
my own design: Blackwork Heart Bouquet
28-count black Monaco
3 shades of pink DMC

(this is a "glue-drying" pic - note the pins)

Here's a close-up of the lace trim - from Kristi's tutorial. Her pictures are much better.

Have I mentioned recently how great it is to be part of an online community? Thanks to everyone who shares new techniques, patterns, finishes - and shares instructions. I think I told you all, I took careful notes and lots of pictures while I was finishing this. So the favor will be returned shortly! :)

2 comments:

Nita said...

That is Beautiful!
I'll be looking for your tutorial.

Rebekah said...

Very pretty!