Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things I've fogotten...

The mystery stitch question from last week...I forgot to answer it! Ha! Xangles was the only one to answer - and she was right! The mystery stitch was ALL rice stitch - "traditional" on either side of a triple rice. :) You know me and texture. Xangles is a fellow member of TTE, and I can't believe I haven't come across her blog before! She'll be added to the side as soon as I publish this post!

What else have I forgotten? Well, on Saturday I forgot the eggs I bought. On Sunday afternoon I was looking in the fridge, trying to figure out what to make for dinner, and the eggs weren't in the fridge. I literally thought, "I'm too young for this". I took my receipt (yes, eggs were on it) back to Walmart and was informed that it was probably the checker who forgot the eggs. Because the carton is white-ish, and the bags are white, and it was the only thing in it, it didn't make it off the little carousel thingy. So they gave me a new carton, which was very nice. And it turns out I'm not completely insane.

And, just because...a finish pic! I finished Hallie's new scarf. This picture shows the plaiting the best. I made pom-poms and added them to the ends. She wore it to school this morning, and somehow managed to un-braid it before she walked out the door. I have no idea how. So when she gets home I'll have to figure out how to re-braid it and tack it in place. This is much heavier than the one I saw in the store, and will keep her warmer. Each strip is 9 sc across (approx 2.5 inches) - sc rows until it's from my ankle to my belly button sitting down (don't you love technical measurements?). I did a running stitch to gather the strips together at one end, braided it, and stitched the other end the same way. The poms are made from the purple and red yarn from the defunct scarf.

2 comments:

Crossed Yarns said...

Glad to know I remember my stitches. I've become quite forgetful myself - but I console myself with the explanation that I remember the important things and have stopped sweating the small ones. Happy stitching!
Pokua

Tangled Stitch said...

Great job on the scarf, your daughter will be the belle of the ball with such a lovely scarf.