Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Week In Stitches

I've passed the half-way point on this GhostStitchers project.  I do wish I could show you a picture - it turned out pretty cute.  The second half has more solid blocks of color and fewer small motifs - and fewer French knots!!  After the first knot I was feeling very positive - I was happy with how it turned out.  Then I did 10 more - I'm not sure that practice actually makes them easier.  This part only has 4 French knots and fewer partial stitches and straight stitches.  I'm still very hopeful that I will finish the first week of October - we'll see what my progress report tells them.

Plans are moving forward for our church's first women's retreat.  I've been working on the devotional item, and I'm very excited.  Last Sunday I helped the coordinator pick out colored card stock. :)  We now have less than 2 weeks to finish getting everything ready.  I'm glad we're starting with a one-night retreat - I think it will be a good way to get people into the idea of doing one every year.

Have a great week, everyone - fingers crossed that I have smoking needles this week and make amazing progress!!

No comments: