Monday, September 6, 2010

My Week In Stitches

Happy Labor Day in the U.S.!  This will be super-quick, because we're getting ready to watch the Boise State Broncos take on Virginia Tech.  I'm the only one in the house without official Bronco gear, so I found some orange felt in my stash and made a 3D flower to stitch on a blue shirt (strategically placed to cover a bleach spot).  Blue & orange are not colors I usually wear together, lol.

The only stitches to show are on my blue sweater.  I'm working on a cross-stitch project for GhostStitchers, so I won't be showing WIP on that obviously.  I'll be working on the blue sweater during the game tonight, so that my hands will be covered in the appropriate color. :)

So, the sweater.  I got it stitched together, and finished the waistband, and it was TOO BIG!!  That never happens to me!  I had to put darts in the back to compensate (see below).  There won't be any sleeves for a while, but it's supposed to be long-sleeved.

Back, and a better shot of the waistband color scheme.  My chair makes a lovely model, doesn't it?

No comments: