Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So I had an idea...

...and then I got distracted, lol.  That happens a lot!  Before I tell you about my first idea (which I'm still really excited about), I'll tell you about the distracting part.  I've found (wait for it) a pattern to crochet a sweater.  Not a cardigan, not a pull-over/wear-over-a-turtleneck, not a vest.  I truly didn't know you could crochet a keep-you-warm-and-still-be-cute kind of sweater.  But that's why there's an internet, to teach us things. :)



I'll be making this in blue.  I found it in Ravelry's pattern directory.  To see the pattern for yourself, go to http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss_simple_tunic.html.  Cute, right?  Let's see, empire waist - check, v-neck - check, tunic length - check - yep, perfect for me, lol.  I started it last night, and I'll be adding it to the weekly WIP pix post.

You have to go here to see this other amazing idea.  (The picture on the site is of the actual designer, not a paid model, and I didn't want to use it without her permission.)  She took an existing, blah T, crocheted different sized circles and then attached them freeform to make new shoulders and neckline, as well as the bottom edging.  I'm playing around with the idea in my head.  I have a couple of long-sleeved Ts that are stretched out and not fitting properly (the sleeves have shrunk a bit, and I'm always adjusting the neckline).  But the main part of the fabric is still usable.  So I'll think on one and see what happens.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That looks like a lot of work, I hope you crochet fast.