Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Weeks In Stitches & Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mommies and step-mommies and stand-in-mommies!  Because of our crazy Sunday schedule, I didn't get breakfast in bed - I was gone to church before the kids woke up.  But they surprised me with a cafe experience at home - they made the menu by themselves and everything.  It was priceless.  The girls were so polite, somehow it went from them being my waitresses to a tea party, where everyone was very proper, lol.

I'm not sure how many weeks it's been since my last WIP update.  I've been stitching, but on random things, I was kind of unfocused for a while.  I think I'm starting to get back into my regular schedule, though.  I spent the majority of this week on my TTE2 pincushion, so no pictures of that.  But here are some unfinished goodies from the past few weeks.

First, a little thread crochet.  This is the first project from the pamphlet I picked up at my LYS - Crochet Cut Glass Bowls.  (I cannot believe I found it on Amazon.  Yes, they really do have everything.)  So this is the "Venetian" bowl - it's completed, but not starched, so I still call it a WIP.  There are 6 really beautiful patterns in this pamphlet.  I'm thinking of doing the "Sunburst" next - it has feet when it's done!

Here's my latest progress on Fairy Sisters.  I feel like I'm making progress, I think I'll finally make that 1/4 page mark this month, LOL.  Nothing much interesting happens on this pattern until page 2.  I'm very proud of the fact that I can now move my Q-Snaps onto some of the stitching now. :)

Finally, here's where I left off on BoInk.  I think this motif looks so cool right now, like a basketweave.  As soon as I click "Publish Post", I'm off to work on it some more.  I promise.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I admire anyone who can stick at crochet, it's not for me.