Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Last 2 Weeks In Stitches

Sunday 1/24 - BoInk

Tuesday 1/26 - Pixies's Lady

Thursday & Friday 2/4-2/5 - crocheted lace

So, where have I been, and why so little to show for 2 weeks? I've started working for a company called GhostStitchers, who provide stitching services for custom work as well as model stitching. These projects come with deadlines ;) so I have to put aside my personal stuff to finish in time. I mailed my first project back on Thursday and sat down and gave myself a stitching break, and started crocheting some lace. This is an antique pattern I found on About.com - click the link above to see the pattern. I'm working with a size 10 crochet thread made from bamboo in natural, which as you can see, looks lovely against my jeans. :)

As I'm working on this, it seems really wide to me - I prefer a subtle, narrow trim. I keep trying to think how I could cut it in half, and I hope by the time I reach a reasonable length (what is a reasonable length, when you're making lace with no specific project in mind?) that I'll figure it out enough to make a skinnier version. There don't seem to be a lot of patterns for lace online - I found a lovely scalloped one on Kristi's blog, and as soon as I hear that my TTE2 partner has received her scissor pocket, I'll post a pic of that lace. It turned out really pretty!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Your projects are all looking good! The Ghost Stitching sounds like a neat idea.