Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday evening quickness

Do you ever have thoughts in your head that you just have to get out? That's what I'm dealing with right now!

I did a chart trade with a lady on Facebook - I sent her a chart I'd already stitched, and she sent me a few electronic copies of some of her charts. I looked more closely at them and discovered that I now possess not 1 but 2 HAED charts! I was just lamenting on Shelleen's blog that everyone seems to be doing some HAED, and I have these gorgeous charts just sitting in my Inbox - not even downloaded to my computer!! *sigh* Looking at those got me searching through HAED's vast catalog again, there are so many I want to do, I'm making a list. But I'm NOT starting any new projects until I finish at least 1 WIP - and I have 1 very close to being done. So stay tuned - I may ask you guys to help me decide which to stitch first. :)

Something else that's slightly interesting in my stitchy-world: Some of you may remember last fall when I found Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Needlework at my local library - around the time I began doing blackwork. I found it on Amazon for a great price and bought it for myself - and it arrived today! I also purchased another book, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive, so I'll keep it a secret until then!

4 comments:

Lainey said...

Look forward to seeing what HAED you choose to do and a piccy of your wip finish.

Jules said...

So cool that she sent you 2 of the HAED charts! I have several in my "wishlist" account on their website, but find some of them to be a bit pricey. So they will sit there until mid-April when I will have a little extra cash for stash! Have you downloaded any of their free charts? I have a couple. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of their site to find the link.

drea_dear said...

I was looking for free charts, and couldn't find any. How clever, they get you searching all through the catalog, making a wish list - and the free ones are at the bottom!

Jules, they also have a "reward" program (I'm sure you've seen it) - if you stitch one of their purchased patterns and submit photos according to their guidelines, you can choose a pattern of equal or lesser value for free - so it's kind of a buy-one, get-one thing. :)

Shelleen said...

I have about 50 charts on my HAED wishlist lol. So you should tell us what ones you have and we can tell you what one to start :-)