Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Update

Final pics of Dove Love for a while, BoInk update, and a Lizzie*Kate finish-finish!
Dove Love at the stitchery "spa" - can you see the pins? Ahh, relaxing all the tension on the left side.



Time for a back massage! I mean, press. LOL, for those who like to check others' work, here you go. Remember, this is over-1. Go ahead, compliment me.



BoInk week 5 - I did more of the black knotwork at the bottom, just to be sure I was all-good. Then I went back to the top of this motif to start filling in. Very much enjoying this project, I wish I could do more than one day a week on it!



And Lizzie*Kate! Gift #1 is stitched and finished! This is an L*K snippet, "Ask Me About My Grandkids", Silkweaver Solo 28ct Cashel Linen, DMC flosses. Finished as a photo frame, using satin stitches to reinforce the cutout. The fabric is glued, but the picture can be changed. Yay, me! It even has a ribbon hanger (it's hanging on a coat hook in the pic), and handmade cording to cover the seams. Backing fabric nearly matches the linen. I'm not sure why it's so weird looking in the pic - it's kind of a cloudy-aqua, and I had some quilting fabric on hand that matched. Thank you to Vonna (The Twisted Stitcher) for her flat-fold instructions - I'm adapting them to other finishing techniques, as you can see.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your Dove Love turned out very nice! The back looks fantastic for over 1! I wouldn't be brave enough to show the backs of any of my projects. Your BoInk is looking good too. Can't wait to see more! I love the picture frame you made! That is really cute and it's giving me some ideas for gifts this year! ;)

Shanthy said...

All your work is very very good

Cole said...

Dove Love is great! And I'm so happy that everything worked out right on your BoInk. I look forward to the progress pics each week :)

Donna said...

How cute is that Lizzie Kate! I love it!