Friday, March 6, 2009

Tax Vent

There's a saying in customer service: "A happy customer will tell 5 people, an unhappy customer will tell 11". Well between blogging and Facebook, I'm sure I'm telling more than 11 about my negative experience with H&R Block TaxCut. I've used the free file for my federal return for years with no problems, but I've been unable to file my state return through their program. It keeps kicking back to me, asking me to revise my "alimony" entry. Um, sorry, my husband may work in a different state, but we are in fact happily married. It took me forever to find a customer service phone number (forget the "auto-chat" feature, it's a glorified help directory), and was instructed by the CSR to take the exact same steps I'd taken 4 times before today. And guess what? "We are unable to process your state return because...GRRRRRRR!"

The only positive I can say is that the system hasn't charged my credit card for the $29.95 state filing fee because the state return hasn't been accepted. And the 2nd CSR was friendly and helpful. For those who are looking to e-file federal and state returns, here's your grain of salt for H&R Block TaxCut.

No comments: