Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've never been very political, here or in my personal life. But I feel obligated to post a brief note today. I'm proud to be an American everyday, but today is poignant, as we celebrate a truly American institution, the peaceful transition of power from one leader to another. No war, no death required, just the mandate of the people. I've been trying to teach my children that it is more than just the man who now assumes the presidency - it is the uniqueness of this day. No other country on earth has transferred power in this way since its inception.

Congratulations to President Obama and Vice-President Biden. May God direct your steps, give you wisdom and courage, and protect your families. May He continue to bless our country, as we seek to move forward to better times.

No comments: