Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stitching away....

I'm completing about one Christmas gift per day. I think that's great progress. I'm trying to spend 2 hours each afternoon with the sewing machine (my least favorite part). Yesterday I was unmotivated - I made myself sit down for an hour and finish one. Then I walked away without starting the pinning process on the next one. I went for a walk instead! I still have one more motif to stitch - this one is taking me longer because it's evolving as I stitch. I started with a base pattern in mind, and now I'm embellishing with cross stitches. The sad thing is, I'm not sure I'll like it when it's done, but I'm almost out of time to recreate it!

My goal is to be done with these shipping gifts by Monday, so they can arrive all over the country. Then back to working on gifts for my babies - finishing before Hallie's done with school for her very first Christmas break!

No comments: