Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Week In Stitches

I'd like to say a huge thank you for the sweet comments on my previous post.  It's not easy to open up about my personal life to "strangers" (and yes, I'm realizing how often I use "quotes" in my posts).  It's safer to just talk about what's in my hands than reality and pain and growth.  Thank you for making me feel safe enough to open up!

What do you say we start with Irish Blessing progress this week?  Cuz guess what?  I finished the lettering!!!  I took a couple of days off earlier this week (thus, freshly wine dyed fabric) for the last day of summer break and the first day of school, and spent quite a bit of time on Irish Blessing when the kids were at school:
Please know, everyone, that I truly wish this for all my readers.  This saying has a lot of meaning for me right now!  And, all that's left is the fun stuff!

Unfortunately, Fairy Sisters did not get as much attention.  I put a few x's in last night.  I've already decided that if I ever do another HAED I'm not using 28 count. Or if I do, I'm only doing tent stitches.  I'm going to push myself to finish these 2 pages before the end of the year.  I really don't want to carry them into a 3rd year.  I think I need to recharge my iPod, put on a bunch of CraftLit episodes and do mindless night sky stitching while listening to classic literature:

And finally, a first day of school pic.  The 10 year old is still, well, 10 and resisting getting her picture taken.  We've all decided that we like this tradition, and from now on I will try to take the first day of school off, so I'm there when they leave and when they get home, just like "normal."

Have a great week everyone, and be sure to check back - I have something special to announce early next week!!!!

No comments: