Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Week In Stitches

Sorry I'm a little late this weekend.  I'm not one for crazy-busy Saturdays - I like to really take a day off, sleep in, get some things done around the house.  But yesterday my church hosted the annual Community Block Party, and I'd volunteered to help.  So that was a long hot day.  I also spent a good portion of the day waiting for the cell phone store to call me and tell me I could pick up my new phone!  Their computers were down in the morning, and they couldn't process purchases unless they were with cash.

So after the block party I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening playing with my new toy serious electronic device used only for communication. ;)  I'm not really into gadgets.  I had a smartphone for a little over a year, and it died tragically when I was talking on the phone to the bestie while making pizza dough.  No, I didn't drop it in the dough, but I did manage to get raw dough in the charge port.  Smartphones don't work when they can't be charged.  I got an inexpensive replacement, but it didn't even have a camera!  This one has 2!  It's nice to feel fully connected - I can get back to Instagram and tweeting more often.  And I can use Evernote on my phone again - I think I've told you before, I put my knitting and crochet patterns in Evernote, that way I don't need to carry paper patterns with me every where I go.  Love it.

Back to stitching!  I finished part of the baby gift, and I've met all my stitching goals for July!  Yay me!

Fairy Sisters - I was able to get some work done on the wings - all this shade of navy blue is done for both pages.  And I started on the black wing.  Next week I'd like to finish all the black wing and start on the big sister's hair:


Irish Blessing - the blackwork border is done.  Now I think it's time for some words!
I really need to stop photographing this in natural light - it washes out the colors.  From now on, ugly-harsh lamp light for this one!

No comments: