Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Grosgrain: November is DIY Scarf Month

Apparently November is DIY Scarf Month.  In the last 4 years (since I moved to Idaho where it gets cold) I've made 9 scarves for myself and my immediate family (one was a remake).  I even still have a stash of scarves that I made for my Etsy shop that didn't sell.

I grew up in the Seattle area, where scarves are really not necessary because of the mild climate.  I never learned how to tie a scarf, because if I ever wore one, it was just tucked under the lapels and left hanging (symmetrically, of course).  But now, living in Idaho, I have 2 scarves I wear when it's really cold - one is an infinity scarf that I can twist and wrap so that it covers my throat and goes over the top of my head and covers my ears.  I also have my braided scarf that I can leave on the outside of the coat (tied or not) or I can cross over my chest under my coat when it's really brutal outside.  Let me know in the comments what's more important to you in a scarf - fashion or function?

Also, Kathleen at Grosgrain Fabulous is celebrating DIY Scarf Month for the next couple of weeks - go take a look.  If you're not following her already, you really should.  She makes really cute clothes, and has great giveaways, too!

Grosgrain: November is DIY Scarf Month

No comments: