Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello, Strangers!

It's been exactly 4 months since my last post - really, where does the time go?  I'm happy to say that my absence was caused by extreme busy-ness with my business.  I recently restructured some of my offerings because I found myself entirely without a personal life!  And when you have kids, that's a super-bad thing!

I'll be catching you up on what's been happening with me over the next few days (really, I promise!) - as you can imagine, I didn't have a lot of time for stitching.  But I have more time now, and I have some new things to show.  At least I think I do, I need to dig through projects and pictures and figure out what I've shared and what I haven't!

One thing I did want to tell you all (and forgive me, I haven't gone through your recent posts, so I don't know if you're talking about this or not) is that I've recently joined Pinterest.  If you haven't heard of Pinterest, it's like a social network for the visually creative!  Users "pin" images to virtual "boards" to make a collage of things that inspire them or that they want to try.  The images then link to a source - often a tutorial or listing for an item to buy (Etsy is loving Pinterest, I'm sure!).  I'm going to figure out how to add a "follow me on Pinterest" button to this blog, but for now you can go to http://pinterest.com/deardrea/ to follow my "pin boards."

I've also joined my Blogger account to my Google+ account, so you'll notice a different picture, and posts will now show up under my real name instead of my username.  Which doesn't bother me, because the blog URL uses my real name anyway!

I hope you all have been well, and I hope to be catching up on what you've been doing!  In the next few days look for updates on Fairy Sisters, knitting (yes, knitting!), Christmas, the family and other household things.  Talk to you soon!

ETA: Pinterest is accessed by invite only.  If you're not a member, you can still look at people's boards, but you won't be able to follow them or "pin" anything yourself.  If you'd like an invite, please let me know in the comments, I have some available!

No comments: