Saturday, June 26, 2010

New routines and a Before and After

Wow, so adjusting to DH being with us full time has thrown off my normal schedule more than it ever did when he would come home on visits!  Y'all, I don't think I've crossed a single x since my last post.  And that was only boring yellow border on BoInk.  I don't think I realized how much I used stitching to keep my mind off of him being gone.  I mean, intellectually, I knew that's what I was doing, but I didn't realize how much I relied on it.  There were days when I would stitch about 6 hours.  Plus housework and kid-stuff and church stuff...

So now that he's home, and I'm settling into a new routine, and trying to remember to take my anti-depressant, and trying to figure out what to do with 2 kids at home all day, and thinking about looking for part-time work...I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  I've been reading a lot, and doing a little bit of crochet.  But none of my WIPs have made their way into my fingers.

I did accomplish something pretty amazing this last week - I turned this:

(downstairs closet - I know it's hard to see, that's kind of the point)
into this:


Yay me!  I can finally see all my fabric for sewing clothing and for finishing.  I can see how much yarn I need have.  I can get to my wrapping papers without digging through coats!  The ironing board needs to find a new home, and I still have a bunch of "organizing clutter" on my finishing table.  But I think I'll be able to get back to sewing things during the days on Monday.  And that makes me very happy.  Because my children need summer clothes, and I have piles of fabric and patterns to accomplish that feat.

No comments: