Thursday, March 18, 2010

I received an award!!!!

Thank you to Shelleen! I can't remember now how I found her blog - it may have been through Facebook, or through someone else's blog, but I visit her all the time. She's someone who inspired me to start a HAED.

The award (oooh, pretty):
The rules:
1. Accept the award
2. Thank the person who gave you the award
3. Add a link to the person who gave you the award
4. Put the award on your blog
5. Write 10 things about yourself others may not know about you
6. Pass the award on to 10 others

Okay, so 10 things you may not know about me. Hmmmmmmmmm:

1. I'm an organized thinker and a problem-solver, yet my desk is always a mess. I can't decide what to do with anything. Last month we lost my daughter's script for her first-grade play.

2. I've only had a driver's licence for 3 years. No real story there, just procrastination.

3. I was a cheerleader in high school - go Lions. :)

4. I'm allergic to country music. I can handle small doses of bluegrass, but the twangy, POP (yes I said it) style of country-western just grates on my ears. I've also developed a low tolerance for top-40 pop music as well. This translates to Christian music too - I appreciate singer-songwriters who actually have something to say, and I like music that makes me think.

5. My children are named after my late mother-in-law - Hallie (like Sally) - and her younger sister - Kathleen (Katie for short).

6. I sing! I was lead soprano in my high school choir, and made the elite ensemble at my tiny Bible college, where I was converted to alto/mezzo soprano. I had a year of "classical" voice training, and I still use those skills, whether I'm singing with the worship team at church or in the congregation. I do not sing out loud any other time except when I'm alone in the car.

7. I start every morning (after the older kid is on the bus to school) with a cup of tea and the Today show on the DVR. I sometimes pick up either the stitching project I was working on the night before, or a ball of crochet thread that usually has a project stuck to it. This is how I seem to accomplish so many things in a week.

8. My "stitching schedule" is both a guideline for my sanity and a way for me to rebel.

9. I've never smoked anything in my life. :)

10. I've been best friends with the same person since we were 3 years old. We've been fortunate that our lives have paralleled each other - we got married 4 weeks apart, our older girls are 5 weeks apart, our younger ones are 4 days apart, and even our housing moves have happened around the same time!

Okay, now the really hard part - here are the 10 bloggers I've chosen to receive this award:
{insert Matt Lauer break while I think about it}

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Drea,

I just found your blog while surfing on the internet!! Love your stitching you are doing and I'm an addicted stitcher as well :) It is wonderful to see eachother's work through blogging. I just became a follower of your blog and I come back to visit again.

Congrats on your award also!! you do deserve it.

Greetings from Belgium,
Wendy

Jules said...

Congrats on the award and thank you for sharing with me...tee hee. I have never ever received a blog award before, so I will post it straight away!

Angela said...

Congrats on the award.

Cole said...

Congrats on your award & thank you for sharing it with me!