BoInk - Black framework is DONE!!!!!!! I moved on to the top right motif because I still had a bit of black in my needle. You can see my left-over red parked. Like I said, I'm trying to force myself to finish one motif at a time. The only exception is when I finish a color in a motif, I'll use the left-over thread from that color in framework (green, yellow, feet colors). It looks so much better with the frames in place, and I feel better knowing that all that counting is done and CORRECT!! :)
For Emma - I did switch to ecru for the lace. After pulling out the white, I was a little annoyed, so I didn't touch her for a couple of weeks. But a good, nerve-wracking football game keeps me moving along. You should be able to see that my needle is in the lace portion under the center of the scene. I did one row all the way across as a reference point, and also so it feels more do-able. Right now I'm stitching the "construction" part of the lace, in 2 strands of Ecru (it's supposed to be done in 12 pearl cotton, but I don't have size 12 in Ecru. 2 strands of 25= 1 length of 12.) I have another college football game to watch this afternoon (go Huskies!), so I hope to finish the "12" work. After that, I'll have netting to stitch in 1 strand of Ecru, and blanket stitches and long satin stitches in size 8. And beads. And a tiny bit of stem back-stitching. And the personalization.
Today, I have a swimming pool to empty, some more weeds to knock down, and I would like to go looking for hardware pieces for making the roman shade. Thanks for everyone who commented on my other post, especially with more ideas to look at. I like looking at multiple tutorials, I think reading more than 1 way of doing something helps me understand it better and feel like I can do it on my own. I sometimes pick and choose from different tutorials to find the easiest way to do something. ;)