Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Mail Day!

My mailman comes early at my new house! Today I received a package from Robin - a RAK she put together just for me! Thank you, Robin!

All the items she sent me - a large pincushion and 2 fobs. She asked me what I like, and I told her I tend to prefer things that are not-so-country, kind of neutral. It's hard to know how to answer that question without knowing what they're going to make. I love the mod pattern of this fabric - the stitched fob is backed with the same.




Here's a close-up of the stitched fob - 2 different variegated threads to stitch my initial A. And there's a beaded trim. I actually got a fabric that's similar to the blue to use for finishing - someone received an embroidered cube last summer made with that fabby (Rebekah, I think). And I used more of it to back the picture frame I made for my mom in April.

And a close-up of the beaded fob - so cute on my embroidery scissors. The charm on the end is a mother-of-pearl cross.





Here's a look at all the pieces, with the inspiration threads I picked up for the color scheme for my bedroom. I have about 4 dresses and a valance to make, so this little pincushion will soon be put in service. Right now I use 2 pin boxes (one next to the ironing board for emptying, and one next to the sewing machine for filling).

And while I'm talking about happy mail, I think now is the time to warn you that, yes, I will be working on a blogoversary give-away! You know how much it will kill me to not post updates, but I hereby promise to keep the give-away a secret! The count-down is on the right side of the page. I'll put up a "sign-up" post closer to the give-away date. Thanks to everyone who continues to read and comment. It really brightens my day to know that I'm not talking to myself in cyberspace. :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a lovely surprise.

Tangled Stitch said...

Blessings and lovely pieces from a very talented friend. Enjoy them!