Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Update

I've been focusing this week on what I do have, what I've been able to accomplish. I'm trying to keep that positive attitude in every aspect of my life. I was so determined to finish Dove Love this week! And then this darn cold/flu thing knocked me on my butt! It's annoying, because I had enough energy to sit in the chaise and watch TV, but not enough to stitch. The last 2 nights I was in bed, lights out by 10 (early for me). So keeping that in mind:


I'm grateful to only have about 6 rows left in the tail. I'm grateful to only have about 6 rows left in the tail. I'm grateful...you get the idea. Maybe next week I'll just post a pic of the back. :D



BoInk - I decided to start Motif #1, and I'm glad I did, because in stitching the black tops of the knotwork, I discovered that I am not off at all in my count. Yippee! I really like the orange I chose - alone with the black, it looks like gold/copper filigree.


Housey-ness: No response from the seller on the cute blue house. Our offer expired at 7 pm on Friday, so we're not obligated. We looked at some more today, and found one that's very similar to the one we're renting - exact layout, somewhere, it's 400 square feet smaller. There's one less bathroom, and I think most of the lost space is in the kitchen/dining room. So we'll be talking about whether to wait for the sellers to come back with a counter offer or walk away and go for the one we saw today. I'm not as excited about it, but it is still in this area and in our price range. And it's pretty much move-in ready - just depersonalizing and repersonalizing bedrooms, and removing borders in all the main living areas. Holy cow, border-happy people!

Katie-ness: I think she's made herself "sick" - her tummy hurts and she has a fever, and you know, I'm pretty sure it's been since Monday or Tuesday that she pooped. But she's been dry all day, including wandering around strange houses.

4 comments:

Tangled Stitch said...

Sorry about the poopiness. Been there done that. Take her to her ped or call him/her and let him/her know what's going on so perhaps he can move it along.
Good Luck with the house and I just adore Dove Love. Keep the faith

Solitary Raven said...

you have quite a lot :)
beautiful girls, and such talent
and I love you love dove
and soon you will have a place
... it just takes time
hugs
laura

Cole said...

Dove Love looks great!! I hope you and Katie are feeling better :)

cupcakefail said...

I love the doves and yay for dry pants!!