Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Update

I've spent most of the week working on Dove Love. Here's my progress as of last Saturday:


And my progress through this morning:
This is all still the same page of the pattern - I finished the solid part of the heart, started the vine, and the accent heart, and made good progress on the right-side dove. I get bored just filling in the blanks, so I also started on the upper portion - you can begin to see the feather details and the wing shape. I'm frustrated that it's coming along so slowly - it seems like I should be able to accomplish more when I have about 4 hours each day to devote to stitching.

I've also worked on the Hardanger piece for Etsy (orange and yellow). Here's the inspiration fabric and my thread choices:

And the piece I stitched. It will be backed with black. And I need to do some more detail in the orange diamonds:


I want to finish stitching this today, so I can "finish" it tomorrow, and go back to Hardanger lessons for this coming week. I know, I've been promising that for a while. But it's time to get back to work!

3 comments:

Shelleen said...

2 great pieces.

Laurie said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog! I didn't really have any instructions on finishing the "winter wishes" box. I just kind of winged it. I started out as if I was making a flat ornament. I covered a piece of cardboard with batting, then covered it with the sitched piece. then glued that to the top of the box and glued trim around it. hope that helps? let me know.

Rebekah said...

You've been busy! Looking good!