Sunday, September 21, 2008

SAL starts next Sunday night!

Here's your shopping/stash-search list:

Pattern stitch count is 188 down by 216 across.

I did the math for you - (thread count:finished design size)
22: 8.5" x 9.8"
28: 6.7" x 7.7"
32: 5.8" x 6.8"

You'll need a full skein of perle cotton (probably size 5, unless you do a higher thread count, like 32-count, then you'll want to use size 8) and a ball of the next size down. Your color choices. Remember, in Hardanger the idea is to let the design "sing", so fewer colors are better. It's nice to do have your main color (satin stitches) be a contrast to the fabric, while the filling stitches are nearly the same.

You also need very sharp scissors!!!

I should be done with my 3 Ladies RR round 4 by the end of this week, and I'll be stitching along with you. This is a brand new pattern, I've had it kicking around in my head and on paper for about 18 months. I'll be unveiling it in pieces starting next Sunday night. The first page will be at the top center of the design, but be sure to leave at least 8 threads above for buttonhole edging!

If you have any questions, ask away!

No comments: